Monday 14 January 2013

Janathon-Lite Day 4

Today I went on an expedition. I had to leave my warm and germ filled bed after a limited amount of sleep, get dressed, eat something and then get in my car an remain awake enough to drive to the Docs.

Things I discovered at the Doctors' Surgery: As predicted, I have sinusitis. My sinuses are in fact so swollen that their path can be clearly seen in my face as little ridges.
I also have a chest infection. My temperature was 40+. My blood pressure is 'dangerously high'. My resting heart rate is currently 120bpm - see, told you I was exercising whilst sitting still. Cardio-a-gogo. And the final discovery - bonus points all round if you can guess it... I have Shingles. Yay!
Apparently, the itchy spots I thought were flea bites (although I was a little mistified when combing the cats showed them both to be flea free) are Shingles. And I am, it seems at the end of week four of the diseaseness - which means that I was having the first two weeks during carol concert and school show rehearsal week. Which explains quite a lot. Spent over £40 on prescriptions.

Felt properly sorry for myself, and spent the rest of the day on the sofa, then sorted out parkrun kit before an early night.

Janathon Lite - 04:  Got up early. Got Dressed. Drove car.
                              Existed with pulse rate over 100 bmp all day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment